Garmin Marine Handheld GPS with inReach® Satellite Communication Capabilities
- Water-resistant , floating design, sunlight-readable 3” display and button operation provide ease of use on the water
- Stream boat data from compatible chartplotters and instruments to consolidate your marine system information
- Stay in touch with inReach satellite communication and two-way text messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required )
- Functions as a remote control for convenient operation of your Garmin autopilot and select FUSION® marine products
- Supports optional BlueChart® g3 charts
- Adjustable GPS filter smooths speed and heading indications over swells
Cast off confidently with the Garmin GPSMAP 86i handheld. Whether you’re out for a day of fishing, sailing or cruising, you’ll gain peace of mind that comes from having a backup navigator with satellite communication and interactive SOS. This premium handheld floats and has a sunlight-readable 3” color display. Plus, wireless connectivity makes it a virtual extension of your onboard marine system, giving you added awareness and convenience.
Connect with Your Boat
Sync GPSMAP 86i with compatible Garmin chartplotters and instruments, and you’ll see real-time boat data displayed right on your handheld. Plus, it can serve as a remote control for convenient operation of your Garmin autopilot and select FUSION marine products. And when you’re underway, an adjustable GPS filter smooths speed and heading indications over swells for more accurate tracking.
With built-in inReach satellite technology and additional service options¹, GPSMAP 86i helps you stay in touch globally. Send and receive two-way text messages, track and share your journey, and, if necessary, trigger an interactive SOS to get emergency help from a 24/7 global monitoring center via the 100% global Iridium satellite network. You can also receive marine weather forecasts directly on your device, so you can make educated decisions based on local conditions or the destination ahead.
Optional BlueChart g3 Charts
GPSMAP 86i comes preloaded with a worldwide basemap. It also allows you to add BlueChart g3 coastal charts, giving you industry-leading coverage, clarity and detail with integrated Garmin and Navionics® data. Detailed contours allow you to see 1’ contours that provide a more accurate depiction of bottom structure for improved fishing charts and enhanced detail in swamps, canals and port plans.
Stay in Touch
Get smart notifications right on your GPSMAP 86i handheld when you pair it with your compatible smartphone . You can also sync GPSMAP 86i with the Garmin Explore™ website for cloud management of your favorite waypoints, tracks and routes. GPSMAP 86i offers Wi-Fi® connectivity, ANT+® technology and BLUETOOTH® wireless technology for easy wireless updates and connections. And for longer voyages, its internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of operation in 10-minute tracking mode and up to 200 hours in expedition mode.